Real Salt Lake 1, LAFC 3 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
Bradley Wright-Phillips added his eighth goal of the season — and 116th of his MLS career — while Brian Rodriguez also scored in his final game before an extended absence to join the Uruguay national team.
LAFC had lost is first four away games of the 2020 campaign by a combined 12-1 margin, not including neutral site matches at the MLS is Back Tournament.
- 22' - LAFC - Bradley Wright-Phillips | WATCH
- 27' - LAFC - Diego Rossi | WATCH
- 59' - LAFC - Brian Rodriguez | WATCH
- 64' - RSL - Eduard Atuesta (OG) | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: LAFC jumped up three spots with the victory into fifth place in the Western Conference, and only one point behind fourth-place Minnesota. Given their away record, finding a way to pass at least one more team above them could be a major boost to their postseason chances. RSL currently hold the eighth and final playoff place, just one point ahead of San Jose and three off the bottom of the West table.
- THE MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Rossi and Rodriguez scored on somewhat similar goals from their respective flanks. While Rossi did a little more to create space for himself on his goal, Rodriguez's deft chip was what put the match away.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Diego Rossi: While Rodriguez will join Uruguay, Rossi continues to leave MLS observers wondering why he hasn't also gotten the call this time around. Of course, LAFC will be plenty happy to see him stay for the bulk of the stretch run after yet another outstanding performance on the left side of their attack.
- RSL: Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Seattle Sounders (10 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)
- LAFC: Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Colorado Rapids (9 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)